Learn a new skill. Build a community of compassion. Make a difference in a neighbor's life. Not bad for a day's work!
- provide clerical assistance in our main office
- help our Attorney-in-Charge with legal advocacy efforts
- cook meals for participants in our Breakthrough Program
- act as mentor or presenter at Breakthrough (with training!)
- assist with grant research and writing
- help at events, parties and with other fund raising activities
- paint, garden, and help maintain our beautiful homes
- lead recreational or educational activities with our residents
Want to learn more? Email us or call 631.277.8300.
Ready to sign up? Click below to download our Volunteer Service Application.
Return to: Mercy Haven, Inc., 859 Conetquot Ave., Suite 10, Islip Terrace, NY 11752
Volunteering with Mercy Haven has been a gift to me.
I’ve met a lot of great people. I like to think of it
as a gift from my loved-one who is homeless.
If I had not had that personal experience within my family,
I would have never been moved to volunteer here.
- Justine K.
88¢ of every $1 goes to
Housing and Programs!
Mercy Haven, Inc. respects the privacy of our visitors and does not collect any personal information. We do not attempt to track individuals in any manner and we do not link the web information to link to any other databases with the purpose of identifying individual website users. We do not track IP addresses or deposit any cookies in an attempt to gain information about website users.